7/24/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 7/24


For my taste, Lord,
we've had a few too many rainy days this summer:
even my friends who work the fields admit
we've passed the point of saying 
"It's good for the farmers!"
 
I've had a few cloudy days on the inside, too, Lord,
more than I'd prefer, 
and I know I'm not alone here,
too many days when the weather in my soul 
has ached to find some sunshine...

But through it all, Lord, through it all,
I'm grateful for the deep abiding sense
that you've been with me, day to day,
regardless of the forecast,
rain or shine, clouds or clear skies:
you've been with me, at my side, 
in foul weather and fair,
you've been there to see me through...

I don't count myself unusual in this, Lord:
I believe you're with each one of us, always,
you leave none of us on our own:
though the clouds may blur our vision
or the sun's glare make you hard to find,
you're here, close by, with each of us,
in good times and in bad...

What might be unusual in my case, Lord,
is that I've never lost that deep abiding sense
that you're with me, day to day...
 
I've never lost you in a storm
or failed to find you in the noon day sun:
I've always known your presence,
always trusted that you're there for me,
always known, in all of history, 
there's never been a storm not followed soon
by sunshine, smooth sailing and finer days...
 
I pray for just this grace then, Lord:
for all to know that deep abiding sense
that you are with us, day by day,
that you're our shelter in the storm,
our haven in good weather,
the promise of our peace...

Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
and watch over us as we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
(If the video below doesn't appear, click here!)
 
I Can See Clearly by Johnny Nash
 




  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!