7/21/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 7/21


Crosswalks... 
praying over crosswalks, Lord...
 
I'm not sure how they get there
but I'm guessing there's a device for this,
a spraying machine on wheels, 
pushed by the steady hands of a DPW worker,
probably in the middle of the night... 
 
White lines lay themselves down in the street
solely for my safe passage, 
my protection and my welfare:
crosswalks have no other reason to exist...
 
And you paint lines in my heart, Lord,
in my mind, in my thoughts, in my conscience, 
all to keep me in line, to protect me,
to safeguard my crossing the streets of life,
the busy and sometimes dangerous intersections 
that crisscross the map of my journey home to you...
 
Truth be told, Lord, 
I sometimes don't wait to cross at the corner
where you've drawn the lines to keep me safe;
and sometimes, even at the corner,
I step off the curb without looking left and right,
walking into harm's way, paying no attention to you, 
my crossing guard, ready to lay yourself down
on the lines that cross my path,
drawn only to save me and keep me safe...
 
With the brush of your word, Lord,
you carefully paint your lines in my heart,
marking your walk with your cross on my soul:
a path to follow, the way to go
to pass through the traffic of all my troubles
and find my way to the other side
where you wait to welcome me home...
 
Protect me, Lord, as I pace through the day
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might walk the way of your truth
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
(If the music widget doesn't appear below, click here!) 
 
Lead Me, Guide Me by Doris Akers 
 

 
I am weak, and I need Thy strength and power
To help me over my weakest hour;
Help me through the darkness Thy face to see,
Lead me, O Lord, lead me.

Lead me, guide me along the way;
For if You lead me, I cannot stray;
Lord, let me walk each day with Thee.
Lead me, O Lord, lead me.

Help me tread in the paths of righteousness;
Be my aid when Satan and sin oppress.
I am putting all my trust in Thee,
Lead me, O Lord, lead me.

I am lost, if you take your hand from me;
I am blind, without Thy Light to see;
Lord, just always let me Thy servant be,
Lead me, O Lord, lead me.

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!