7/23/21

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 7/23

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There's no limit to your patience, Lord:
   you always offer me another chance,
      a new beginning,
         a fresh start...
 
There's no end to your mercy:
   it flows forever freely, 
      deeper than the ocean,
         wider than the sea...
 
No lock upon your heart, Lord:
   you draw me free from all my sins,
      you wash me clean of all my guilt,
         you love me back to your embrace...

Your heart's wide open, beckoning,
   "Draw near, come close, don't be afraid!
      I wait for you, there's room for you,
         a place for you:  I want you..."

You couldn't make it easier
   but I delay, demur, and can't decide
      to take that step and dive
         into the depths of your sweet mercy...
 
And so I need a new beginning, Lord,
   your gift of grace, gently pushing
      'til I jump and fall into your arms
         and you hold me in your peace...

Amen.
 
     Image source
    
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!