10/9/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 10/9

 
Here we are again, Lord:
    your virtual congregation,
    gathered in our virtual chapel
    by the light of our virtual candle,
offering you our real time, heartfelt
    prayers, needs, worries, disappointments, fears, 
    anxieties, suffering, troubles, problems, confusion, 
    dismay, questions, doubts, sorrows, illness, grief,
    concerns, struggles, distress, hassles, cares, trials,
    remorse, contrition, burdens, pain, heartaches,
    headaches, scruples, woes and apprehensions...

Only a virtual sanctuary
could make room for all the burdens
we bring each time we gather!

But tonight, Lord, 
I'm inviting my brothers and sisters,
gathered here in prayer,
to search through their baggage 
and to find 
    something to be grateful for,
    someone who's a gift of grace,
    a reason to be cheerful,
    a memory of your mercy,
    a souvenir of happy days,
    a reminder of your gentle touch,
    a keepsake of your faithfulness,
    a token of a simpler time
when we were not so burdened,
when our hearts were so much lighter,
when our faith in you was sure
and tomorrow seemed a promise, not a problem...

Help us rummage through our baggage, Lord,
and find the signs of all the ways
you've been our faithful friend,
our help, our peace, our brother,
our light in dark of night,
our way when we were lost,
our strength when we were weak,
our hope when we had none,
our joy when all was gone...

Help us find and remember, Lord,
how you have brought us safe thus far
and safe will lead us home...

We gather in our virtual chapel,
by the light of our virtual candle, 
to offer you, Lord, 
our real time, heartfelt
glory and praise and thanksgiving
for your ever faithful love,
your never-ending care for us
    in good times and in bad,
    in sickness and in health,
    in sorrow and in joy...
 
Lord, help us find and remember
how you have brought us safe thus far
and safe will bring us home...

Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
and watch over us while we sleep, 
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

If the widget below doesn't play, click here!
 
 
 

In the darkest hour when I cannot breathe  
Fear's on my chest, the weight of the world on me  
Everything's crashing down, everything I have known  
When I wonder if I'm all alone 
 
I remember, I remember 
You have always been faithful to me  
I remember, I remember  
Even when my own eyes could not see  
You were there, always there 
 
I will lift my eyes even in the pain  
Above all the lies, I know You can make a way 
 I've seen giants fall, I've seen mountains move  
I've seen waters part because of You  
 
I can't stop thinking about  
I can't stop thinking about 
I can't stop thinking about  
Your goodness, goodness 
 
I remember, I remember  
You have always been faithful to me  
I remember, I remember 
Even when my own eyes could not see  
You were there, always there  
With me
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!