10/23/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 10/23

 

 
Tonight, Lord, 
I come to prayer with very few words,          
    not too much to say - or rather -
I come without the words to speak
all that fills my heart:
    my blessings and my joys,
    my worries and my cares,
    my burdens and my sorrows...

Tonight, Lord,
without uttering a word,
I trust you hear the whole of my prayer... 
 
Tonight I trust that even in the silence 
my heart speaks with eloquence to yours, 
that your heart hears my wordless plea,
that we are one in prayer...

Tonight, Lord, 
I'll just sit with you in silence
and should I fall asleep
in the quiet that we share,
let my dreams be kind and sweet
and themselves a prayer 
that rises up to you...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake 
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

In the spirit of wordless prayer, tonight's song
is a beautiful instrumental piece...
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 




  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

1 comment:

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!