11/7/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 11/7


 

On Sundays, Night Prayer will focus on an element from the day's celebration of Mass. Tonight we reflect on the piece I sang at the end of my homily, Surely the Presence of the Lord Is In This Place...

This evening, Lord, I thank you:
 
    for your presence in every nook and cranny of creation,
        to the far reaches of the universe...
 
    for your presence in all things bright and beautiful,
        all creatures great and small...
 
    for your presence in your people, all your people,
        whoever and wherever they may be...
 
    for your presence in each and every one I know
        and in the strangers whose paths cross mine...  
 
    for your presence in my family, among my friends
        and in my enemies, too...
 
    for your presence in my home, where I work,
        where I study and where I play...

    for your presence in word and sacrament
        and in the Church and in its work and prayer...
 
    for your presence in my own life         
        which, by grace, you've made your dwelling place...
 
    and for your presence in your Spirit,     
        ever faithful, ever fruitful, ever wise...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
Surely the Presence of the Lord Is in This Place 
 
If a  video doesn't appear below, click here
 


Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place,
I can feel his mighty power and his grace.
I can feel the brush of angel wings, I see glory on each face,
Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place.
 
In the midst of his children the Lord said he would be;
It doesn’t take very many it can be just two or three.
And I feel that same sweet Spirit that I’ve felt oft times before;
Surely I can say I’ve been with the Lord.
 
There's a holy hush around us, as God’s Glory fills this place.
I've touched the hem of his garment, I can almost see his face.
And my heart is overflowing with the fullness of his joy;
I know without a doubt that I’ve been with the Lord.
 MMMMMMMMMM
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!