11/24/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 11/24


Tonight, Lord, Thanksgiving Eve, 
I'm grateful for the gift of faith:
    that strength, power and source within
    showing me the way,
    guiding me in the dark,
    making sure my faltering step,
    giving light for finding truth
    and hope for living gracefully
    through all my trials and troubles..
 
Tonight, Lord,  I'm grateful for the gift of your Church:
    that wounded, rag-tag, joyful company of saints and sinners
    whose faith is my strength, binding us together,
    brothers and sisters all, in you and in your love...
 
Tonight, I'm grateful for the people in my life:
    the ones who've helped to make me the person I've become;
    those who've loved me in ways too many to know or to imagine;
    those who've loved me though I've failed to love them in return;
    those who've pardoned and forgiven me with mercy and with grace;
    those who've shared their joy with me, who fill my heart with peace,
    who've helped me trust and know with hope
    that you are always by my side... 
 
Tonight, Lord, I'm grateful for the mystery of your presence:
    in everyone I know and meet;
    in the simple joys of ordinary days    ;
    and in the quiet stillness
    of the time I spend with you in prayer...
 
And tonight, Lord, I'm grateful for...
 
    Take some time right now to tell the Lord 
        what YOU'RE most grateful for this evening...*

Tonight I praise and thank you
for you're my Lord, you're my God
from whom all blessings flow...

Protect me, Lord while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
* Tonight's music is instrumental, meant to provide
a lush background for the time you spend naming the
people and the gifts you're grateful for in your life...

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 
 
Song at the End of the Day by Secret Garden



 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!