12/29/21

12 Days of NIGHT PRAYER for Christmas 12/29


 
When do the Twelve Days of Christmas begin?   They begin Christmas Day itself, leading us to TWELFTH NIGHT, the eve of Epiphany, January 6.  Through these dozen days, Night Prayer will focus each evening on one of the many gifts we've received from God.  Tonight: the gift of friends...
 
On the fifth day of Christmas,
the good Lord gave to me:
    Friends as good as gold!
    Faith in God above,
    Angels sent from heaven,
    Shepherds keeping watch
    and a Child born in Bethlehem town... 
 
How fine the gift of friendship, Lord!
The gift of good friends, old friends,
new friends, work friends,
wise friends, fun friends,
family friends, loyal friends, 
true friends, honest friends, 
school friends, social friends,
best friends, long-distance friends,
friends in faith and FaceBook friends,
how fine the gift of friendship, Lord!
 
I'm grateful, Lord,
for friends who always have my back,
friends who never let me down,
friends who make more time for me
    than I make for myself,
friends who give and give and give,
friends who sometimes let me win,
friends who always tell the truth,
friends I can depend on...
 
And thank you, Lord,
for friends whose patience knows no end,
friends who forgive, again and again,
friends who praise me, friends who critique me,
friends who pray for me, friends who stay with me,
friends who save a place for me,
friends who wait when I am late,
friends who remember when I forget,
friends who hold me in my sorrow,
friends who share my every joy,
friends who live in my heart of hearts
and friends whose hearts are home to me...
 
I thank you for my closest friends,
friends as good as purest gold,
whose love and prayer and sacrifice
draw me to you, the best of all my friends,
my Savior and my Lord...
 
Make me as good a friend to others, Lord,
as you're a friend to me...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

You've Got A Friend by Carole King
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!