12/30/21

12 Days of NIGHT PRAYER for Christmas 12/29


 
When do the Twelve Days of Christmas begin?   They begin Christmas Day itself, leading us to TWELFTH NIGHT, the eve of Epiphany, January 6.  Through these dozen days, Night Prayer will focus each evening on one of the many gifts we've received from God.  Tonight: the gift of hope...
 
On the sixth day of Christmas,
the good Lord gave to me:
    Hope for tomorrow,
    Friends as good as gold,
    Faith in God above,
    Angels sent from heaven,
    Shepherds keeping watch
    And a Child born in Bethlehem town!
 
The end of a year is just the right time
to be grateful for the gift of hope:
     I need all the hope I can get
        - hope's the help I need!
 
Give me hope, Lord, for 2022
    when I feel like I'm locked in the past...
 
Give me hope for tomorrow 
    when today seems too much to take...
 
Give me hope on the path I walk, Lord,
    when I fear what the future holds...

Give me hope for light and clarity
    when I'm lost in shadows of confusion...

Give me the hope of faith's security
    when I'm waffling in doubt...

Give me hope for recovery and healing
    in body, mind and soul...

Give me hope for joy and gladness
    when sadness grips my soul...

Give me hope for grace to lead me
    in my choices and decisions...

Give me hope for mercy and pardon
    when I've left the path of your truth...

Give me the hope that's born of wisdom
    when I’m lost in my foolish ways...

Give me hope you're by my side, Lord,
    when I fear I'm all alone...

Give me hope that comes of being loved
    when I do not love myself...
 
Help me choose hope, Lord, when I'm down and out
    and tempted to give up... 

Help me live in the arms of your grace, O Lord,
    for in you lies all my hope...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.     
 
There Is A Hope by Stuart Townend
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!