12/1/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 12/1

In the shades of evening
some things are hidden, Lord,
but not my troubles or my grief...
 
The setting sun's dimming brightness
somehow highlights 
all that weighs upon my heart...

But you are with me 
through the night
and so I pray...
 
Help me to trust, Lord, 
that only with gentle tenderness 
do you reach out to mend and heal 
my broken heart...
 
Remind me of the care you take 
in tending the wounds of those you love 
and remind me that in your own body 
you know how vulnerable we all can be... 
 
Fill my loneliness 
with your presence and peace 
and open my heart 
to your dwelling within me... 
 
Help me trust I'll find
only healing and refreshment 
in the waters of your life,
in the streams of your mercy... 
 
Come find me, Lord, 
come heal me, Lord
and be for me Emmanuel: 
God-with-us,
always and forever...
 
Protect me, Lord while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Spirit, Open My Heart
    Lyrics by Ruth Duck, arranged by Alfred Fedak
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 
 

Spirit open my heart
To the joy and pain of living
As you love may I love
In receiving and in giving
Spirit, open my heart

1 God, replace my stony heart
with a heart that's kind and tender.
All my coldness and fear
to your grace I now surrender.

2 Write your love upon my heart
as my law, my goal, my story.
In each thought, word, and deed,
may my living bring you glory.

 Interlude

3 May I weep with those who weep,
share the joy of sister, brother.
In the welcome of Christ,
may we welcome one another.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!