1/8/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 1/8


This prayer began as a Night Prayer, but when I finished writing it, I wondered if I should save it for tomorrow morning's Pause for Prayer!  I decided that while it would be appropriate either time, it seemed more an "end of the day" reflection that would be good to "sleep on" in anticipation of tomorrow.  Tonight's song is much more wake-up-and-smell-the-coffee than lullaby, so I hope it doesn't keep you from falling asleep!  In fact, you might want to play it again, first thing in the morning!
 
Considering all the hoopla there is
    around the beginning of a new year,
it's amazing, Lord, how quickly we return
    to business as usual, in spite of the change
        from 2021 t0 2022...
 
More troubling, though, is the way I forget
    that every day is a new beginning,
        regardless of the month it falls in...
 
Every day is a brand new day
    no matter how much it looks and feels 
like yesterday, or the day before
    or last week or last month or last year...

Every day is a new day, Lord,
   a day like no day ever before...

Every day is a day you've made
    and given to me
to begin again, to start again, to try again
    to live as you call me to live,
    to love as you call me to love,
    to open myself to the grace and peace
        it might please you to offer this day...

Pull me away from my "day-after-day"
    and into the day you've made for me, Lord:
help me be grateful for this day's gifts
    and hopeful for what tomorrow may bring...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 


 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!