1/9/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 1/9


On Sundays, Night Prayer will focus on an element from the day's celebration of Mass. Tonight we'll riff on a line from the gospel: "And a voice came from heaven, 'You are my beloved Son...'"

The heavens opened up, Lord,
and your Father's voice was heard:
    You are my beloved Son...
 
Now I open up my heart
and pray you hear me when I say:
    Lord, you are my beloved...

    You are my beloved best friend,
    my cherished companion,
    my trusted big brother...

    my beloved good shepherd,
    my pilot and my captain,
    my guardian and my guide...
 
    my beloved wise teacher,
    my comrade and my confidant,
    my backup and my standby... 

    my beloved and gentle healer,
    my instructor and my coach,
    my partner and my helper...

    my beloved and selfless champion,
    my counselor and consoler,
    my advocate and mentor...
 
    my beloved and faithful sidekick,
    my protector, my defender,
    my savior and redeemer...
 
You are my beloved, Lord,
    and by your mercy and your grace,
        I am yours...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 

Tonight's song is slow paced and reflective:
    give it time and let in draw you into prayer...
 
Jesus My Beloved by Jonathan Ogden
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!

 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!