2/22/22

NIGH PRAYER: Tuesday 2/22

 
I'm grateful for these past few days, Lord,
when you've shown me in some subtle
    - and some not so subtle ways:
how I run from you
    even as I pray you'll hold me close;
how I try to second guess you
    though you know my every thought and word and deed;
how I doubt you
    even as I see your truth unfold;
how I test your grace
    as it carries me through troubled nights and days;
how I often turn away
    though you meet me on whatever path I walk;
how I wrestle with forgiveness
    though your mercy never fails to take me back;
how I strike out on my own     
    though I know how much I need your saving help;
how I think I know a better way than you
    though you're my way, my truth and life...
 
I'm grateful for your patience with me, Lord,
    - these past few days and all throughout my life;
in subtle and in not so subtle ways keep showing me
    how you are all I have and all I need...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 

O God, You Search Me by Bernadette Farrell
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
O God, you search me and you know me. 
All my thoughts lie open to your gaze. 
When I walk or lie down you are before me: 
Ever the maker and keeper of my days. 
 
You know my resting and my rising. 
You discern my purpose from afar, 
and with love everlasting you besiege me: 
In every moment of life or death, you are. 
 
Before a word is on my tongue, Lord, 
you have known its meaning through and through. 
You are with me beyond my understanding: 
God of my present, my past and future, too. 
 
Although your Spirit is upon me, 
still I search for shelter from your light. 
There is nowhere on earth I can escape you: 
Even the darkness is radiant in your sight. 
 
For you created me and shaped me, 
gave me life within my mother’s womb. 
For the wonder of who I am I praise you: 
Safe in your hands, all creation is made new


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!