2/12/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 2/12

 
Today in Wayland: sunny and in the mid 50's!
 
As if I weren't quite sure, Lord
- as though some doubt lingered in my mind -
today's mild clime reminded, reassured me
that spring, indeed, will come again
and not too long thereafter, summer too... 
 
Only a bit more than a month away, 
spring's debut on 20 March 
won't preclude the possibility, the likelihood
of wintry weather yet to come
to chill and blanket us in snow...

But today's sneak preview was pure gift, Lord,
welcomed in a place deep in my soul
where dwells a restless longing 
for the sun's warm kiss on naked flesh 
and days that  reach to evensong,
with radiant light, with light sublime...

Let this day remind me, Lord:
    your healing and refreshment 
        will not fail or pass me by;
    you will not leave me lost
        in a season bleak and cold;
    whatever storm may come my way,
        all shall be well, all shall be well...
   
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake,
watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
O Radiant Light by OCP Session Choir
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!


 
O radiant light, O sun divine,
of God the Father's deathless face,
O image of the light sublime
that fills the heavenly dwelling place.

O Son of God the source of life,
praise is your due by night and day,
Our happy lips must raise the strain
of your esteemed and splendid name.
 
Lord Jesus Christ, as daylight fades,
as shine the lights of eventide
we praise the Father with the Son,
the Spirit blest and with them one.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!