2/13/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 2/13


On Sundays, Night Prayer will focus on an element from the day's celebration of Mass. Tonight we reflect on"blessings" as we heard of them in today's first scripture reading and in the gospel...

To draw us into prayer tonight, spend a minute 
with the young fellow in the car seat in this video...
  
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!


 
I am blessed, better than blessed, praise the Lord!
I'm blessed, better than blessed, praise the Lord!
I may not have houses and wealth,
I may not have all my strength and health
but I'm blessed, better than blessed, praise the Lord!

Now, before listening to the whole song in the video below,
let's pray...
 
I'm blessed, Lord,
in fact, I'm better than blessed
    in blessings I recognize
    blessings I enjoy,
    blessings I've forgotten,
    blessings I've missed,
    blessings I've ignored,
    blessings I've hidden,
    blessings I've shared,
    blessings I've squandered,
    and in blessings I trust are yet to come...

Yes, Lord, I'm blessed 
- I'm better than blessed - 
by you whose desire is always to bless
    with patience, mercy, and pardon,
    with understanding, healing and comfort,
    with justice, truth and peace...

Oh, I'm not without pain, Lord,
    but still, I'm blessed;
I'm burdened with problems
    but blessed by your help;
my path's often rocky
    but blessed by your guidance;
I'm often confused
    but your wisdom's a blessing;
when I'm lonely and sad
    I'm blessed by your presence...
 
When I'm feeling un-blessed
     even then am I blessed 
        - and better than blessed -
    in my faith, my hope and my trust
that your blessings are with me, without fail,
    and your Spirit will help me to know them...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and bless me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace.

Amen.

And here's the whole song!
 
Better Than Blessed by Louise "Candy" Davis
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
I am blessed, better than blessed, praise the Lord!
I'm blessed, better than blessed, praise the Lord!
I may not have houses and wealth,
I may not have all my strength and health
but I'm blessed, better than blessed, praise the Lord!
 
Many times I've had to learn my lesson
for I did not, I did not appreciate my blessings
I complained that I had no shoes
then I saw a man who had no feet to use
and I'm blessed, better than blessed, thank you, Lord! 
 
I've got no mind to complain at any time,
For God  has mixed my clouds with his bright sunshine
Though this is a rough and rocky road I'm on
I know I know, it'll take my poor soul home
and I know I'm blessed, better than blessed, thank you, Lord! 

I've got God the Father above me,
I've got his son Jesus Christ walking beside me,
You see I've got the Holy Spirit within me
and I've got all of God's angels all around me
and I know I'm blessed, better than blessed, thank you, Lord!

I am blessed,  I am blessed, thank you, Lord - Alleluia! -
I am blessed, better than blessed,thank you, Lord!

I may not have houses and wealth,
I may not have all my strength and health
but I know I'm blessed, better than blessed,
I want to thank you, Lord, I am blessed, better than blessed,
I just want to say, thank you, Lord!

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!