2/3/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 2/3


Spent the afternoon in a fog, Lord,
on the Mass Pike heading west.
It's been a long time
since I drove in a fog that thick 
and I didn't like it any more today
than I have in the past...
 
Reminded me of those times, Lord,
when the highway was clear 
but the fog sat deep in the lowlands of my thoughts,
on the back roads of my heart,
where a dense mist made the going rough,
impassable, near impossible to navigate
and I wondered when, I wondered if
I'd ever find the sun to guide my way...
 
And of course, I did, Lord, 
for behind the murky drapes that slow my step 
and keep me in the dark, 
the sun still shines beyond what I can see
and waits to clear my vision
and a  path for me to freely walk...

When the fog rolls in, Lord, 
help me pace myself 
and trust you're by my side, 
reaching out your hand to guide me
through the clouds into the light...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 MMMMMMM
Be With Me Lord  by Marty Haugen

 If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 

 


Be with me, Lord, when I am in trouble,
     be with me, Lord, I pray!

You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord most high,
who abide in the shadow of our God,
say to the Lord,  "My refuge and fortress,
the God in whom I trust!"

Be with me, Lord...

No evil shall befall you, no pain come near,
for the angels stand close by your side
guarding you always and bearing you gently,
watching over your life.

Be with me, Lord...

Those who cling to the Lord live secure in God's love
lifted high those who trust in God's name
Call on your Lord who will never forsake you,
God will bring you salvation and joy.

Be with me, Lord... 


 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!