2/4/22

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 2/5


Saint Paul was right, Lord,
when he asked:
    Why do I so easily do
        the things that I don't want to do
    and yet so often fail to do
        the very things I want?


I'm thinking of the good things, Lord,
resting in my heart and mind:
    prayer I mean to offer,
    help I want to give,
    faults I should confess,
    habits I must change... 

It's my "To Do" list, Lord:
    work I've left undone,
    loose ends left untied,
    promises not kept,
    peace that's mine to make...
 
And yet, instead of these, Lord,
I do the things that bring me only grief
and not the happiness I thought I'd find
by going my own way...

I pray then for grace, Lord:
    to come to prayer,
    to lend a helping hand,
    to name my faults and failings
    and to change what I must change... 
 
Help me leave behind
    the things that drain my spirit
and give me strength, Lord, to do the things
    that fill me with your peace...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!