4/25/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 4/25



I have no trouble, Lord,
remembering all the things I've prayed for:
    blessings, help and guidance,
    wisdom, joy and mercy,
    courage, love and peace of mind,
    acceptance, health and happiness, 
    the mending of relationships, 
    grace to do the next right thing
    and change in me and in the world...
    
And I remember, too, the times you've ansewerd, 
    "Yes!"
and the times you've answered, 
    "No... not yet... not now..."

But there are times I'm not aware of, Lord: 
    the times when you have saved me
        from the pain that might have been;
    the times when you have spared me
        of some hurt I might have known;
    the times when you've protected me
        from harm I might have suffered;
    the times when you have shielded me
        from what I couldn't handle;
    the times when your peace filled me
        before sorrow claimed my joy;
    the times you heard and answered me
        before I prayed a word...

For these times, Lord, I thank you:
when your blessing has preceded
    - and graciously exceeded -
all my needs and wants and prayers...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
You Are Near by Dan Schutte
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

O Lord, I know you are near,
standing always at my side.
You guard me from the foe,
and you lead me in ways everlasting.

Lord, you have searched my heart,
and you know when I sit and when I stand.
Your hand is upon me protecting me from death,
keeping me from harm.

Where can I run from your love?
If I climb to the heavens you are there;
if I fly to the sunrise or sail beyond the sea,
still I'd find you there.

You know my heart and its ways,
you who formed me before I was born
in the secret of darkness before I saw the sun
in my mother's womb.

Marvelous to me are your works;
how profound are your thoughts, my Lord.
Even if I could count them, they number as the stars,
you would still be there.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!