5/22/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 5/22


On Sundays, Night Prayer will focus on an element from the day's celebration of Mass. Tonight we reflect on  Jesus' words in the gospel, taken from his "farewell" to his closest friends at the table of the Last Supper.  There he promises to make his dwelling place in the hearts of those who love him and keep his word...

I think I know the spot, Lord,
deep within my soul,
the place you call your dwelling,
your home within my heart...
 
It's the place within me, Lord,
    that's most in need of mercy,
    most in need of healing,
    most in need of peace...
 
It's the lonely, empty place within
    where I most need your presence
    and the fullness of your spirit
    and your sweet, amazing grace...
 
It's the place within me, Lord,
    most in need of deeper faith,
    most in need of hope and trust,
    most in need of love to lift me up...

Where you would come to dwell, Lord,
    is exactly where I need you; 
where you would pitch your tent
    is where I'm most in need of shelter
where you would make your home
    is where my heart has room to spare...
 
May you find your dwelling place 
deep within my heart, Lord,
may you make yourself to home
and may I find my home in you...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
Dwelling Place by John Foley, SJ
  
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
1) I fall on my knees to the Father of Jesus, 
The Lord who has shown us the Glory of God. 
 
2) May he in His love give us strength for our living 
The strength of His Spirit the Glory of God. 
 
May Christ find a dwelling place of faith in our hearts. 
May our lives be rooted in love, rooted in love. 
 
3) May grace and peace be yours in God our Father 
and in His Son.
 
May Christ find a dwelling place of faith in our hearts. 
May our lives be rooted in love, rooted in love.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!