5/24/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 5/24


Sometimes, Lord, I realize
there are words I've prayed for decades
which I've never really stopped to think about...

For instance?  
Well, every night I pray
    that I might keep watch with you:
that I might sit at your side
    as you survey the world around us;
that I might take in the day's events
    from your perspective, with your wisdom;
that I might see, as you see,
    all my neighbors' joys and sorrows,
that I might observe, as carefully as you do,
    the little things that matter 
        and really make a difference;
that I might watch and be open
    to the ways I might serve others;
and that when my eyes grow heavy
    I might lean upon your shoulder, nod
        and fall asleep, in your peace...
 
Help me listen to, learn, know and understand
    the words I pray each day, Lord...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
Be Still for the Presence of the Lord  by David J. Evans
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!