6/9/22

I lift up my eyes to the mountains...

As you know, I'm in Georgetown, Colorado this week for the funeral (yesterday) of my nephew, Michael. My family and I are so very grateful for the support of all your prayers!  

Wednesday was a day for the grace of God and the power of prayer... for the gift of tears and the balm of laughter... and for the consoling love of family and friends, near and far.

The photo above is the view from Michael's grave in a rustic cemetery in the Rockies.  The beauty of this scene offers an image of the peace with which the Lord blessed us as we gathered in prayer.

In advance of today several readers had asked if I might post the homily I preached at Mike's mass and I'm pleased to share that with you here. (Before listening to my homily, here's a little background on Mike's life.   I'll return to regular posting with this evening's Night Prayer.)

 
    Going Home to God


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!