6/13/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 6/13

I'm sitting at Denver International Airport
where my 5:18 p.m. flight to Boston
has been delayed three times
and is now scheduled to depart at 1:45 a.m.
 
I'm not happy, Lord!
At the first delay I shrugged it off
- definitely a first world problem!
 
And it still is, but:
a friend is picking me up 
    but now in the middle of the night;
I'm tired - and I'm tired of sitting here;
this isn't how Jet Blue said it would be;
and no one's telling me why this is happening...
 
Of course,
there have been times, Lord,
times when I've delayed in keeping my word to you;
times when I've paid no attention
    to you're waiting for me, 24/7/365;
times when you could (should) have grown tired of me
    but never blinked or nodded off - not once;
times when my life has been far
    from what I told you it was going to be;
times when I was silent, not bothering to check in,
    to pray, to offer some explanation
        for my delay in responding to you...
 
You've been patient with me for 75 years, Lord
- how much of your time did I waste
    while you waited for me? 

I can't begin to count the number of times
    I've delayed in responding to you,
    postponed what I promised you,
    deferred when you called me,
    held back in my trusting you,
    stalled in my following you
    rescheduled time for prayer with you
        - over and over again
and put off 
    your faithful presence,
    your gracious mercy,
    your challenge and call,
    your unending kindness,
    your nourishing word,
    your incredible patience
and your calling me 
    to be there to meet you,
    to serve you,
    to praise you,
    to reach out to others,
    and not to delay in all that I promise you
        - over and over again...
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!