6/29/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 6/29

Ukraine's colors 'round my night prayer candle:
    a paltry nod to the bloodshed and the damage
    suffered by my family, 5,000 miles away...

My family? Yes, my family!
We're brothers, sisters, one and all:
    we share a common bloodline
        flowing from the cross of Jesus;
    our DNA and ancestry are royal and divine;
    we're children born of water 
        and the Spirit who unites us,
    who makes of us a family,
        the whole of humankind...

Don't let the distance shield me, Lord,
    from what my brothers suffer,
    from the loss my sisters bear,
    from the nightmares of my grandkids,
    from the bombing and the shelling,
    from the ruins and the rubble
        that were once my family's home...
 
My family's not that far away, Lord,
    ten, twelve hours on a plane
        - and faster still with just a click -
    to reach and offer needed help
        from this side of the world 
    'neath Ukraine's colors, blue and gold 
    and my prayer's flickering flame... 
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
We Are One by Emu Music
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!