10/3/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 10/3



There's no getting around it, Lord:
    I'm at the point in my life when,
    more and more frequently,
    when I pray for those who have died,
    I'm praying for my friends and peers...

This reality is sobering
and these losses take their toll  
as my heart looks back to memories
    of good times, sweet and simple;
    of hard times, shared in friendship,
    of growing old together
        through our laughter, love and tears...

I'm saddened by the loss of friends
and yet my faith grows stronger 
through my hope, my trust, my certainty
that death is part of life, Lord:
    integral and natural,
    the only door through which to pass
    from here to life with you
    where I'll be one, once more, forever,
    with those who've gone before me...

Your word is clear, you tell the truth:
in death our life is changed, not ended
when we pass beyond these finite days
    to life that has no end, 
    to light no darkness ever shades,
    to joy that's everlasting
    to peace that never fades
    to the company of all of those
    with whom we shared 
        our lives, our hearts, our love...

Tonight I grieve the passing of a friend, Lord,
thanking you for all the love we shared
and grateful for hope that fills my heart:
    that one day we shall meet again
    when your mercy sweeps us up
    and brings us home to you
    and your everlasting peace...
   
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen.

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!

 Psalm 23 by The Stellar Singers


The Lord is my Shepherd, I have all I need,
He makes me lie down in green meadows,
Beside the still waters he will lead.

He restores my soul, he rights my wrongs,
He leads me in a path of good things,
And fills my heart with song.

Even though I walk through a dark and dreary land,
There is nothing that can shake me,
He has said he won't forsake me,
I'm in his hand.

He sets a table before me in the presence of my foe,
He anoints my head with oil,
And my cup overflows.

Surely, surely goodness and kindness will follow me,
All the days of my life,
And I will live in his house,
Forever, forever and ever.

Glory be to our Father, and Brother,
And to the Holy of Holies,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,
Life, without end.  Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!