10/15/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 10/15


Day is done, Lord...

The sun has set
on this day's joys and sorrows
and all the unfinished business
that will wait until tomorrow...

For the best of this day
    I give you the praise,
and for my sins this day
    I ask your mercy and pardon...

Grant me the blessing, Lord,
of a peaceful night,
deep, refreshing sleep
and sweet dreams to lift my spirits...

Send angels, Lord,
    chasing worry from mind,
    fear from my heart,
    troubled memories from my soul...

Day is done:
be with me, Lord, 
and close to those I love,
'til a new day dawns with grace...

Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
stand vigil while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Pilgrims Hymn by Stephen Paulus
    performed by UWEC Concert Choir

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
Even before we call on Your name 
To ask You, O God, 
When we seek for the words to glorify You, 
You hear our prayer; 
Unceasing love, O unceasing love, 
Surpassing all we know. 
 
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, 
And to the Holy Spirit. 
 
Even with darkness sealing us in, 
We breathe Your name, 
And through all the days that follow so fast, 
We trust in You; 
Endless Your grace, O endless Your grace, 
Beyond all mortal dream. 
Both now and forever, 
And unto ages and ages.
 
Amen.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!