10/11/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 10/11


You're eternal, Lord:
    you had no beginning,
    you will have no end,
    you are, 
    always 
    and forever...
 
And yet you're ever-present 
to the whole of my existence:
    what's past and yet to come,
    in every single moment
    of every passing day;
    your timelessness dwells deep in me
    and I, in you, 
    my finite self,
    held close
    in your embrace...
 
I don't pretend to understand
how all of this can be 
so grant me, Lord, a moment
    in the silence of the nighttime, 
    in the quiet of your presence,
    in this prayer that makes us one
grant me a moment, just a moment,
    of your everlasting joy,
    your endless gift of peace,
    your deep, abiding mercy;
a moment of your timelessness
    not burdened by a past,
    not determined by a future
    but eternal in the moment,
    only now, 
    only you,
    only love...
     
Just a moment's all I ask, Lord,
a taste, a sip, a glimpse, a peek,
a tease seducing me to live in hope
of all you've promised:
    life in you and in your love 
    for ever, without end...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
Just A Moment by Life Point Music

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!