11/13/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 11/13


On Sundays, Night Prayer will focus on an element from the day's celebration of Mass. Tonight our prayer rises from four words of counsel Jesus offers in today's gospel (Don't be deceived...  Be not afraid... I will give you wisdom...  Persevere and be secure...) assuring us that even when it seems all is lost, there's everything to be gained...

When I can't tell right from wrong,
when I don't know what to choose,
what decision I should make,
don't let me be deceived, Lord:
    show me the truth of things,
    don't let me be deceived...

When I'm really up against it,
when I fear what I don't know,
when I'm alone and feeling weak,
don't let me be afraid, Lord:
    be my strength and my protection,
    don't let me be afraid...

When nonsense seems as knowledge,
when I'm slow to think things through,
when the easy way seduces,
don't let me play the fool, Lord:
    be my wisdom, be my light,
    don't let me play the fool...
 
When I can't see past the moment,
when I'm lost in my despair,
when I'm ready to give up,
help me persevere in trust, Lord,
    be my hope when I have none,
    help me trust and persevere...
        
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
God's Not Done With You by Tauren Wells

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
 
Standing in your ruins feels a lot like the end 
So used to losing, you’re afraid to try again 
Right now all you see are ashes where there was a flame 
Truth is that you’re not forgotten 
‘Cause Grace knows your name 
 
God’s not done with you 
Even with your broken heart and your wounds and your scars 
God’s not done with you 
Even when you’re lost and it’s hard and you’re falling apart 
God’s not done with you 
It’s not over, it’s only begun 
So don’t hide, don’t run 
‘Cause God’s not done with you 
 
There’s a light you don’t notice 
Until you’re standing in the dark 
And there’s a strength that’s growing 
Inside your shattered heart 
 
Chorus
 
He’s got a plan, this is part of it 
He’s gonna finish what He started 
He’s got a plan, this is part of it 
He’s gonna finish what He started 
He's not done, God’s not done writing your story,
No, He’s not done God’s not done with you 
 
Chorus

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!