11/24/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Thanksgiving 2022


This Thanksgiving night, Lord,
I'm grateful for the gift of faith:
    that strength, power and source within
    showing me the way,
    guiding me in the dark,
    making sure my faltering step,
    giving light for finding truth
    and hope for living gracefully
    through all my trials and troubles..
 
Tonight, Lord, I'm grateful for the gift of your Church:
    that wounded, rag-tag, joyful band
        of saints and sinners, 
            worker bees and ne'er do wells
    whose faith supplies my strength,
    whose hope fuels my endurance,
    whose love is binds me to them
        and through them to your heart...
 
Tonight, I'm grateful for all the people in my life:
    the ones who've shaped the person I've become;
    who've loved me in ways too many to imagine;
    who've pardoned and forgiven me with kindness and compassion;
    who've shared their joy and filled my heart with peace,
    who've helped me in my troubles
        to believe you're always with me...
 
Tonight, Lord, I'm grateful for the mystery of your presence,
    your faithful, gentle, healing presence
    in everyone I know and meet,
    in each day's simple joys
    and in the blessed, quiet stillness
        of my time with you in prayer...
 
And tonight, Lord, I'm grateful for...
 
    Take some time right now to tell the Lord 
        what YOU'RE most grateful for this evening...
 
I praise and thank you, Lord,
    my Savior, friend and brother,
for you're my ever faithful God
    from whom all blessings flow...
 
Protect me, Lord while I'm awake,
keep vigil while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
Two options for music tonight... The first is an 
instrumental, background for naming the people and
 gifts you're grateful for...  The second is a beautiful
arrangement of the hymn, Day is Done, a fitting end
for Thanksgiving Day... 

If a widget and video don't appear below, click here! 
 
Song at the End of the Day by Secret Garden

 
 

Day Is Done by the Notre Dame Folk Choir



1. Day is done, but love unfailing dwells ever here.
Shadows fall, but hope prevailing, calms ev'ry fear.
Loving Father, none forsaking,
Take our hearts, of love's own making,
Watch our sleeping, guard our waking,
Be always near.

2. Dark descends, but light unending shines through our night;
You are with us, ever lending new strength to sight:
One in love, your truth confessing,
One in hope of heaven's blessing,
May we see, in love's possessing,
Love's endless light!

3. Eyes will close, but you, unsleeping, watch by our side
Death may come, in love's safekeeping still we abide.
God of love, all evil quelling
Sin forgiving, fear dispelling
Stay with us, our hearts indwelling,
This eventide.  

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!