2/17/23

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 2/17


Lord, it's not difficult for me to see,
in hindsight,
how you've walked with me,
guided and protected me
through so many hard times
in my life...

But this morning I pray for the grace
to see and know your presence, your power,
    your guiding hand and your protection 
- not just after my troubles have passed -
    but in the hard times, the cold and cloudy days,
    through my restless nights,  in my rough patches,
    in the thick of hurt and disappointment,
    and through my times of loss and grief...

I know you're always there for me, Lord,
but this morning I pray to know and see and feel
    your presence and your hand,
    your strength and your compassion
- right in the moment -
    when I'm pleading for your help.
    when my need for you is greatest...
 
In the midst of my troubles:
    open my eyes to your presence,
    my ears to the sound of your voice,
    my heart to your healing touch;
open my hand to yours, Lord,
    reaching out to lead and guide me
    this day, in my moment of need...

Amen. 


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!