2/7/23

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 2/7

    Georgetown, CO - Photo by CP
 
I was going to title my photo:
    The view from my window
but then I remembered: 
    this is my prayer,  
    I'm talking to God 
and so I began to wonder,  
    "What's the view from your window, Lord?"
 
The view from your window...
 
You see it all, you don't miss a thing.
You look at clouds from both sides, 
all sides, inside and out, 
you make the clouds and with your breath 
you move the clouds from north to south,
from west to east...
 
You live, Lord, 
above the clouds and in the clouds
and way down here below the clouds:
where I walk and stand
and gaze up to the clouds...

You're by my side beneath the clouds
wherever I may be, whatever I may do
and through your window, Lord,
I'm always in your view...
 
Do I dare pray you help me see
- to see as you see, Lord? 
 
To peer through your window
which is my window, Lord?
 
To see the wounded and the broken,
the lonely and the hungry,
the homeless and the lost,
the fugitive and refugee, 
the accused and the imprisoned,
the forgotten and abused
- in my backyard, my neighborhood
and all around the world?

Will I wait for clouds to part and clear
to see the work that waits for me:
the needs I might fulfill,
the wounds that I might heal,
the peace that I might make,
the word, the love, that I might share?

And so I pray today,
help me see as you see, Lord,
help me see life through your window,
help me find and touch and serve you,
in the valley of your presence,
just below the clouds above...
 
Amen. 

    performed by The Erwins

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 


I know you're hurting, I see the scars
I know that sometimes, life hits you hard
And maybe you're feeling, this is unfair
Somebody sees you, somebody cares

If the clouds are the dust at his feet
Just imagine how great he must be
Big enough to reach down and supply every need
If the clouds are the dust at his feet

We've all been broken, somewhere inside
We all have failures, we try to hide
But God sees the struggles behind the smiles
And he loves to reach out, and just hold his child

He sees you, He sees right where you are
He loves you, with all his heart

If the clouds are the dust at his feet,
just imagine how great he must be
Big enough to reach down and supply every need
Big enough to reach down and supply every need
If the clouds are the dust at his feet

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!