9/18/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 9/18


 
Tonight's prayer has several parts: 
    (1) I listen to the Lord speak in the scriptures  
    (2) I respond to the word I've heard
    (3) The Lord answers my prayer!
    (4) I speak to the Lord once again..
    
Even when I walk through a dark valley,
I fear no harm for you are at my side,
with your crook and your staff you give me courage...
- Psalm 23

Even when I walk through a dark valley...
 
Is that right, Lord? 
Even in the dark?
    - even when I can't see where I am? 
        or where I'm going?
    - when I can't find my way 
        and I can't find you?
    - even when I'm not sure
        how I ended up here in the first place? 
 
Even when I walk through a valley of fear?
    - when I stumble through clouds of confusion? 
    - when the path leads me deep 
        into lonely woods?
    - w hen I walk through a valley
        so shadowed and deep 
            I lose sight of my trust and my hope?  
    - when I'm scared and alone
        when I'm lost and confused?
    - when I wonder and worry 
        that you've left my side...
 
Even then, Lord?
 
And the Lord answers...
 
Yes, even then!  Especially then!
Even then I promise I'm with you
    - though you don't see my face or hear my voice,
    - though you may not feel my hand warming yours,
    - though you earnestly seek but somehow miss me...
 
Even then, I'm right by your side:
    - the flicker of hope alive in your soul
    - the glimmer of grace in your heart of hearts
    - the  spark of the Spirit's fire and warmth
    - the torch that shines on your shadowed path
    - the light in the tunnel leading to peace...
 
Trust that I'm with you when you can't find me,
    trust you have strength surpassing your own...
 
Trust in my light when all is in darkness:
    - trust in my light come into the world,
        a light the night cannot overcome
    - trust in my light come into your heart,
        a light that glistens in all your tears
    - trust in my light come into your soul,
        a flame my Spirit will tend with care
    - trust in my light come into your mind
        to illumine your thoughts 
            with wisdom and grace
    - trust in my light come into your life
            to lead you and guide you
                and bring you home...
      
 I respond to the Lord...

From my dark valley, Lord - hear my prayer: 
    - my cry for your protection
    - my plea for consolation
    - my need for light and warmth
    - my prayer joy to fill my heart...
   
You're with me, Lord, my shepherd,
    even and especially 
        when I'm lost and feel alone...

I trust you're always by my side
    to calm my fears 
        and wipe my tears away,  
to light my path and draw me 
    ever closer to your side...
 
Even now, Lord, 
    wherever be my valley,
        however deep the darkness,
even now, this very night
    you're my shepherd
        and you'll help me find the way...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

 Amen. 

    performed by The Stellar Singers

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 


The Lord is my Shepherd, I have all I need,
He makes me lie down in green meadows,
Beside the still waters he will lead.

He restores my soul, he rights my wrongs,
He leads me in a path of good things,
And fills my heart with song.

Even though I walk through a dark and dreary land,
There is nothing that can shake me,
He has said he won't forsake me,
I'm in his hand.

He sets a table before me in the presence of my foe,
He anoints my head with oil,
And my cup overflows.

Surely, surely goodness and kindness will follow me,
All the days of my life,
And I will live in his house,
Forever, forever and ever.

Glory be to our Father, and Brother,
And to the Holy of Holies,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,
Life, without end.  Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!