9/19/23

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 9/19



I pray tonight, Lord,
for people I've hurt
and who in their kindness have pardoned me
when I've asked for their forgiveness
    - what a blessing and gift their mercy has been...

And I pray, too, Lord, 
for those I've offended
who've not yet been able
to forgive me my faults:
    what a healing for me that mercy would be
    - and for them as well, I'hope...
 
And I also pray, Lord, 
you open my heart with your mercy and grace
when it closes up in the face of hurt,
when I wall myself in, lost in self-pity,
when resentments and grudges
keep me from pardoning 
those who seek my forgiveness... 

And I pray tonight, Lord,
for those I've hurt
without my even knowing:
    when my unintended carelessness,
    my accidental clumsiness,
    bruised and even wounded some
    who chanced to share my path...

And I pray for those who suffer, Lord:
    who go without while I have more,
        more than I could ever need;
    who want for just life's basics
        while I store up my extras;
    who have a claim on what is "mine"
        since all that's "mine" is gift from you
            - on loan, for me to share...

And I thank you for your mercy, Lord:
for all the ways you pardon me,
    forgive, release and cleanse me,
of my failings, faults and sins, 
    of my haunting guilt and shame
and of all the harm I cause
    when I fail to love and keep your Word
and fail to love my neighbor
    as I am loved by you...
   
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
Forgiveness by Matt West

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!