3/1/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 3/1


Night Prayer on Fridays in Lent will focus on different images of the face of Jesus. Tonight's prayer is inspired by this image of Jesus looking straight into your eyes... 

 
I want to see you, Lord,
    but I'm not sure I want to be so keenly seen...
 
I want to be close to you, Lord,
    but when you're right in my face like this...

I want you to watch over me night and day
    but then I remember you see everything I do - or fail to do... 
 
I plead with you from the depths of my heart
    but then I realize you see deeper in my soul than I do...
 
I sometimes turn from your steady, faithful loving gaze
    but I know you never turn away from me...
 
I'd like to think, Lord, that you miss some of what I do
    but I know that nothing escapes your perfect vision...
 
I'd love to meet you eye-to-eye, Lord,
   but that desire intimidates as much as it invites me...

I want to see your holy face, Lord,
    but how can my poor eyes behold
        your beauty, power and love divine?

Help me, Lord, to look into your eyes:
    your piercing, loving, perfectly discerning eyes...

Help me, Lord, to open wide my eyes
    to meet your loving gaze...

Help me, Lord, to stand within the purview of your justice
    and to trust your loving kindness even as I name my sin...
 
Help me, Lord, to change my ways as I see through your eyes
    what I need to turn away from, what I need to learn to see...

Help me, Lord, to see myself just as you see me:
    honestly, with clarity, with mercy and compassion...

Help me, Lord, to see that though you see all of me
    - you love me as your own, as a mother loves her child...

Help me, Lord, to rest at peace beneath your watchful eye
    and to see myself as you see me: 
        beloved, forgiven, cared for, 
            healed, restored and good...

Help me come to love your steady gaze, 
    your never-blinking, 20-20 vision of my life;
help me find in how you see me, Lord,
    a vision of your mercy, an eyeful of your love...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Tonight's song is a little upbeat for Night Prayer but it pairs well with our prayer.  The lyrics in the audio are very clear so I suggest you just listen while looking into Jesus' eyes in the image above...

You See Me  by Jeremy Camp

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
Sometimes I feel like my heart is half alive 
Like all of my dreams are cast aside 
But You see me 
 
And I try to find who I am in other’s eyes 
I’m hiding behind this frail disguise 
The truth will set me free 
 
Even when I feel forgotten 
Doesn’t mean that’s what I am 
In a crowd that I feel lost in You still hold me in Your hand 
I know I’m not alone I’m not invisible 
And I’ll never be ‘Cuz You see me, You see me 
 
Like a treasure with more hope than I could measure 
The kind that’ll last forever 
It’s all I’ll ever need 
 
Refrain
 
You see me like I’m a child 
Something no one can erase 
Oh Your love for me is wild 
Something no one else can break
I know I’m not alone I’m not invisible 
And I’ll never be ‘Cuz You see me, You see me, 
 
You see me In the desert, in the darkness 
Your eyes are on me 
On the mountains, in the valley 
Your eyes are on me 
Your eyes are on me
 
Refrain
 
You see me like I’m a child 
Something no one can erase 
Oh Your love for me is wild 
Something no one else can break
I know I’m not alone I’m not invisible 
And I’ll never be ‘Cuz You see me, You see me,
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!