3/11/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 3/11



Our Muslim brothers and sisters began today their observance of Ramadan with its daily fasting from all food and drink - from sunrise to sunset. (Compare and contrast with giving up chocolate for Lent!)  A traditional du`a (invocation) for Ramadan is this:
O, Allah, you are most forgiving
and you love forgiveness,
so forgive me.
May we be inspired by our Muslim neighbors as we continue our own Lentent fast and prayer...

O Lord,
    you are most forgiving.
You are more forgiving 
    than I can dream or imagine.
Your mercy exceeds my every expectation,
    your desire to pardon precedes my every sin...

O Lord,
    you love forgiveness.
You detest my sins and transgressions
    but you love to forgive me each time I fail.
Nothing I do or fail to do
    is greater than your mercy...
 
So, forgive me, Lord
    pardon, erase and forget my sins.
Wash me and make my clean again
    and renew a right spirit within me.
Lord you are most forgiving,
    in your mercy forgive me my sins...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Loving and Forgiving by Scott Soper      
    performed by Carmen Schweiger 

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!