3/19/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 3/19



 As the season of Lent draws closer to Easter...

Create in me a clean heart, O God...   
    -Psalm 51

In the quiet of my prayer each night, Lord,
   my heart speaks to yours
      and yours to mine...

I pray tonight for a deep quiet in my heart and mind,
   that sweet stillness of your presence where, without a word,
      your heart speaks to mine 
         and mine to yours...  

Give me a heart blessed
   with the silence of your presence
with its peace and power to calm my fears
   and soothe my worried soul... 

Create in me
   a clean heart, O God...

Help me make a time to be with you
   and in my heart of hearts 
        to find the silent place within
    where your heart beats in mine,
        pulsing strong, true and steady...

Sometimes my heart is heavy, Lord,
    with worry, grief and problems;
sometimes my mind's confused,  
    unsure of what to think;
sometimes my soul is sick
    with pain and hurt and fear
sometimes my heart just wants to sob
   though no one hears my crying...

Create in me
   a clean heart, O God... 

I need more than silence, Lord,
   I need your healing stillness,
the quiet only found in finding you
    and resting by your side... 
     
Take the tension from my neck, Lord,
   and the tightness from my shoulders:
relax me, let me be at ease,
   trusting that you're always there
      to comfort and console me...

Help me lay down my burdens, Lord,
   as I com to this grotto of prayer 
        to find your peace...
 
Help me let go my worries, Lord,
   as I walk the holy ground 
        of your presence deep within me...
 
Help me fall into your arms, Lord,
   as I seek the quiet stillness 
        where your silent word can heal and mend me...

Create in me
   a clean heart, O God...

Create in me a clean heart, O God:
   a heart prepared to welcome you,
   a heart swept clean to call itself your home,
   a heart renewed by mercy and your pardon,
   a heart refreshed by hope that lifts me up,
   a heart restored to courage by your Spirit,
   a heart whose silence waits  
        for the quiet of your quiet
          and the peace its stillness brings...    

Come, Lord, and meet my in my prayer, 
   in the silence, in the quiet, in the stillness...

Create in me 
    a clean heart, O God...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Create In Me  by Bob Hurd
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!