4/10/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 4/10



I've been thinking, Lord,
of those days after Easter
when you appeared to your friends,
revealing your risen glory
in surprisingly simple ways...

After once or twice,
three times or more,
must they not have wondered,
    When will he show us his face again?
    When will we next hear his voice, 
    delight in his presence  
    and bask in his peace, 
    in the sound of his laugh,
    in the warmth of the light in his eyes? 

Must they not have watched and waited,
day by day, in every place,
to catch a glimpse of your risen self,
the Word, made flesh, made peace for all?

Oh, to have lived in those early days
when you might appear along the way,
at any turn upon my path,
reminding me, without a doubt,
that you have risen from the tomb
and in my heart, my soul, my life...

Then it dawns on me
- as Easter day dawned bright and clear -
that you're risen in the moment,
in this night's dark and shadows:
    you're risen in my heart and soul,
    you're risen in my thoughts and prayers,
    you're risen here, right by my side,
    where I might see your face and hear your voice,
    delighting in your presence
    and basking in the warmth of your bright eyes
    holding me, with love, in their sure gaze...
 
Open me, Lord,
open my heart, my mind and my soul,
open my thoughts and my prayer tonight
to the surprisingly simple ways
you rise, in grace, in my life...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

I See You, Lord  by Edith Gallardo

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!