4/17/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 4/17


 
(For those who will read this and worry:
    my health is very good - thank God!)
 
This is the day the Lord has made...
    Today's the first day of the rest of my life...
        One day at a time...
 
These sayings are valuable on every day, Lord,
    but especially for me, especially today, 
        my birthday, my 77th...   
 
Today these words are unusually keen:
    filled with meaning, 
        solemn and joyful,
            poignant, mysterious, 
                graced and amazing...
 
For decades, Lord, the years slipped by
    but now's the time when each day counts,
when every sunrise comes as gift
    and every night's a reason to pray
        in thanks for all the life I've known
        and  in hope for all that's yet to be...
 
 My supply of days will have its end
    though I pray much more's in store for me:
        time to enjoy whatever you've planned,
        to seek your pardon for wrongs I've done,
        to deepen my faith in your love for me,
        to grow in your wisdom, more and more
        and to do what I might 
            to share the peace you've shared with me
                through decades of my life...
 
77 years, Lord - and I'm grateful for every one!
 
I give you thanks for the joy I've known
    and for your healing in times of grief...
 
I praise you, Lord, for all your blessings
    and for how you sustained me in times of need...
 
I thank you, Lord, for seeing me through
    the troubles I thought I couldn't survive...
 
And I pray this night for many more days
    - for weeks and months and years -
to seek and find and know your love:
    a day at a time, each day a gift,
       each day the first of the rest of my life...
   
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Thank You For This Day  by Billy Causey

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 

Thank you for this day; thank you for this time.
Thank you for this moment in my life; I give you thanks.
 
Teach me how to live; teach me how to love you more.
Yesterday is gone, tomorrow's not yet come; thank you for today.
 
Thank you for this day, thank you for this time.
Thank you for this moment in our lives; we give you thanks.
 
Teach us how to live; teach us how to love you more.
Yesterday is gone, tomorrow's not yet come; thank you for today.
 
Thank you for today; thank you for this time
thank you for your presence in our lives; we give you praise
 
Teach us how to live; teach us how to love you more.
Yesterday is gone, tomorrow's not yet come; thank you for today.
 
Yesterday is gone, tomorrow's not yet come; 
thank you for today. thank you for today.
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!