5/21/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 5/22



If I'd driven instead of walking,
if I'd hurried, Lord, to save some time
if I hadn't crossed the street just to take a closer look,
I'd have surely missed the mystery 
revealed before my eyes...
 
Photo by CP
 
A gorgeous eastern red bud tree,
sprouting from its bark a rare corsage
worthy of my date for senior prom... 

And fragrant lilacs, understated elegance,
rehearsing how to curtsy
 just in time for spring's debut...
 
Photo by CP

Oh, if only I'd slow down, Lord,
and take in what's all around me:
    what mystery I might meet,
    what fragrance might give hint
    of your aromatic presence,
    blossoming in places I might miss
    - and so miss you...

Photo by CP
 
If I'd driven instead of walking,
if I'd hurried, Lord, to save some time,
if I hadn't crossed the street just to take a closer look,
I'd have surely missed your mystery, Lord,
revealed before my eyes...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace... 
 
Amen.

Smell the Roses  by Cecily Hennigan

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
Maybe I'll stop and smell the roses
Not gonna rush what could be golden
Just gonna sit here for a moment

'Cause good things come to those who wait
Yeah, good things come to those who wait

So I'll be praising
In the middle of the crazy
Where I find myself just gazing
At Your face
The more in love, the more I wait

So I stay, stay
Stay right here as I look at Your
Face, face
Stay right here and look at Your face


Maybe I'll rest and let You love me
'Cause some thing's are missed when I'm at full speed
I'll give You control of all my worry, busy, hurry, yeah, yeah

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!