5/24/24

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 5/24


This perfect image of spring, Mother Robin feeding her four nestlings, was snapped by friends from their window with a telephoto lens.  Thanks to MLL and PL for sharing this!
 
These fledglings are hungry, Lord,
    and unafraid to beg and plead for what they need
        to live, to grow, to flourish and to thrive...
         
Lord, make me hungry, too:
    hungry for your word to speak to my heart's depths,
    hungry for your gentle hand to heal my wounds, my hurt,
    hungry for your love to satisfy my longing,
    hungry for your daily bread to feed my starving soul,
    hungry for your wisdom to clarify my thoughts,
    hungry for your Spirit to enlighten my decisions, 
    hungry for your joy to relieve me of my sorrow,
    hungry for your mercy to wash away my sins,
    hungry for your glory to shine upon my path
    and hungry for the faith I need
        to trust that you will nourish me
            and feed me with your grace...

Amen.

And here's a video I found online of hungry baby robins waiting, praying to be fed...
 
(If a video doesn't appear below, click here!)


 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!