6/10/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 6/10



A friend posted this photo, Lord,
    a perfect picture of peace...
 
    Photo by Rob Neeley

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The peace I find in this photo, Lord,
    touches the peace that rests in my heart,
but I wonder if those with restless hearts
    can touch the peace, can know the peace
can enter the peace of this scene serene
    and rest in its quiet beauty...
 
I pray then tonight for all those I know
    whose hearts are anxious and restless
who long to know within themselves
    the peace they see in the river...

I pray for those who seek your peace
    in grieving a loved one's loss...

I pray for those who search for peace
    in the maze of their confusion...

I pray for those who ache for peace
    to heal their hidden wounds...

I pray for those who cry for peace
    in their broken homes and families...

I pray for those who work for peace
    in the midst of conflict and war...

I pray for those hunger for peace
    and thirst for a sip of its sweetness...

I pray for those who pray for peace:
    night and day, and day and night,
        wide awake and in restless dreams...
    



    
    
        
      

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The peace I see in the photo, Lord,
    touches the peace that rests in my heart,
so I pray that those with restless hearts
    might touch the peace, might know the peace
might enter the peace of this scene serene
    and rest in its quiet beauty...

Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
    and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
I've shared this piece by Rutter before but I only just today found this beautiful arrangement by Aled Jones...

Deep Peace by John Rutter 
    performed by Aled Jones
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!


 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous peaceful picture. The cloud resembles an egale to me; better yet the Holy Spirt. Thank you for this lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And my thanks to my friend Rob Neeley for taking the picture!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!