6/11/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 6/11



It's at the end of day, Lord,
when many folks most feel the weight
of all that's hanging over them
so I pray tonight for those who are feeling:
overburdened with worries and cares,
overextended and just exhausted,
overindulgent and yet still empty,
overworked and underpaid,
overruled with no appeal,
overinvolved and burning out,
overboard without a line,
overthinking anxious thoughts,
overshadowed, in the dark,
overcome by grief and sorrow,
overlooked and left alone,
overturned by other voices,
overcautious, stuck in fear,
0verprotected, smothered, stifled, 
overpowered, trapped and cornered,
overscrupulous, plagued by doubt,
overtired, all worn out,
overwhelmed by daily life...
All these folks I lift in prayer
    to you and to your Spirit, Lord...

Raise them up and out from under
    all that oversteps their freedom,
    all that overclouds their joy,
    all that overrides their will,
    all that overruns their hope
    and all that overrules their claim
        to all the hope and grace and joy
              you offer all each day...

Raise them up to stand upon the mountains
    and raise them up to walk on stormy seas;
raise them up from all that undercuts them
    and raise them up to fly on eagles' wings...

Protect us, Lord, as we stay awake
    and watch over us as we sleep

that awake, we may keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
The relentless affirmation of this song's repeating refrain
    is likely one that all of us can take to prayer, take to the Lord,
        this and any night...

You Raise Me Up by Rolf Lovland and Brendan Graham,
    performed by Peter Hollens
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 
 


When I am down, and, oh, my soul, so weary
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!