6/19/24

NIGHT PRAYER: REVISED MUSIC LINK!

.
 
I'll go to bed tonight, Lord, 
    with not a worry or concern about my freedom:
my freedom as a human being, a citizen
    a person free to come and go, 
        when and where I please,
my rights guaranteed by you 
    and by my nation and its law
and by the common, simple wisdom 
    of human intuition...

Of all the things that might trouble my rest tonight,
    none is of a fundamental nature:
none threatens my safety or welfare;
none impugns my unalienable rights
    to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,
        of personal growth and development;
none imperils my joy in knowing 
    I stand among others as equal, accepted,
        esteemed and free
    to be and become the person I am,
        the person you made me to be...

But not all your children share the freedom, 
    the rights and liberty I enjoy
        and  so often and easily take for granted;
 a freedom, Lord, that calls on us all
    to sacrifice, work, surrender and change
'til all of liberty's blessings and gifts
    are guaranteed, shared, defended, protected,
enshrined in practice as well as in law
    for all and by all - with no exceptions...
 
I pray for those Lord, who still wait a share
    in the freedom so many presume
and I pray for us all to work as one
    'til all are free to be and become
        the people you made us to be...
       
Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
    and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free
     by Leontyne Price
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
 
I wish that I knew how it feels to be free
I wish I could break all the chains binding me.
I wish I could say all the things that I should say--
Say 'em loud, say 'em clear for the whole world to hear.
 
I wish that I could share the love in my heart,
Remove all the bars that still keep us apart.
I wish you could know what it feels to be me.
Then you'd see and agree every man should be free.

I wish I could give all I'm longin' to give.
    I wish I could live like I'm longin' to live.
    I wish I could do all the things I can do.
    Though I'm way overdue I'd be starting anew.

I wish that I knew how it feels to be free
I wish I could break all these chains binding me. 
I wish I could say all the things that I should say--
then I'd know, yes I'd know how it feels to be free.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!