7/2/24

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 7/2

Sometimes, Lord, 
    in spite of all that's going on 
        around and deep inside me,     
    there comes into my life a moment's grace:
       pure gift and peace from your heart, 
            shared with mine...

There comes a time, Lord,
    when without a doubt, 
        I find your presence in my loneliness,
        your truth in my confusion,
        your counsel in my folly...

A time to trust, faithfully and deeply:
    your arms surrounding, holding me;
    your promise in my hopelessness;
    your wisdom guiding every step I take...

A time, Lord, 
    when your Spirit lifts my heavy heart,
    your light shines in my darkness
    and your mercy gently wipes away my tears...

All unexpected gifts, Lord:
   these moments come more often than I know
since hurt and anger blind me
   and I often miss you drawing near, 
   your reaching out to lift me up
      from all that keeps me down 
        and holds me back... 

Let no graced moment pass me by,
    no gift from your hand not find mine,
        no touch of healing grace 
            escape my notice...

Break through my worry, fear and pain
    and open me to all your gifts:
        rouse me to believe beyond my sight...
      
In spite of all that's going on
    around and deep inside me,
send a moment of your grace, Lord
    a gift to help me trust
that you're always there beside me
    - in and through it all...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!