8/16/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 8/16



Thank you, Lord!
 
Thank you so much for the grace of the time
I spent sitting outdoors this afternoon, near a young dad, 
holding his six-month old son, named Zion,
safe in his arms, in his lap, in his heart...
 
And thank you, Lord,
for the playful gift of summer breezes
stirring the leafy Aspen branches,
whispering high above our  heads...

And thank you, Lord, for letting me see 
when Zion turned his face to the wind
and how his eyes looked all around
for who might be the wondrous source
of this gentle kiss upon his face, 
his cheek, his nose, his tiny arms...

And thank you, Lord, for sharing with me 
the wonder and joy of your reaching out 
and softly caressing the flawless skin
of this infant child, 
already in awe of his loving God
whose name he's yet to learn...

Thank you, Lord 
    - and thank you, Lord! 
 
And if I might ask in prayer tonight:
waken in me a child's wonder 
at all the ways you touch my life,
and the mystery of coming to know you, Lord,
from my birth, through life, 
to the end of my days...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Like A Child  by Daniel Damon
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!