8/13/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 8/13



Lord, close my eyes to what's worthless,
    undeserving of my time and my interest, 
        not worthy of even my glance...

Lord close my eyes
   to what drags me down, brings me low
      and leads me to self-pity...

Lord, shield my eyes from all that tempts me 
    to break my word, my promise, 
        my pledge, my vow...

Lord, shut my eyes to whatever distracts me 
   from all that's good, just and true, 
      whole and wise and pure... 

Lord, close my needy, jealous eyes
    lest they seek and long for what's not mine
and I not see the many gifts 
    you've placed right in my lap...

Avert my eyes before I see what leads me astray, 
    what tempts me to fail,
      and threatens my trust in you and in my friends...

Lord, close my eyes to what leads me away
   from my purpose, my hopes and my goals
from the path that leads me safely home
    to you, your life and your love...

Lord, turn my eyes from what I need not see,
      what I should not see, 
from what I cannot see
  without sadly losing sight of you...

Lord, open my eyes to what lifts my spirit,
   enlightens my thoughts,
shines on my path
    and fills my heart with joy...

Lord, open my eyes to your beautiful face
   and let me see in the depths of your eyes
a reflection of all you love in me,
    touched by your mercy and grace...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

 Open the Eyes of My Heart by Paul Baloche

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!