9/16/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 9/16



Lord, you have the words of everlasting life!
    Psalm 19
 
That's what we sing and pray, Lord
    and that's what we believe:
but oh, how I just wish I could hear you speak
    those words of everlasting life...

Even when I find myself a quiet place
    to sit with you in silence,
even when your Spirit comes
    to still the noise within me,
even when I concentrate 
    and wait and strain to hear you speak,
even then, Lord, 
    a hush is often all I hear...

So remind me, Lord, of those sweet words
    I know and trust you speak,
those loving words addressed to me
    all day and through the night...

Let me hear in faith and in my heart
    your words of everlasting life,
words to heal my brokenness,
    to bring me to your peace...

Let me hear you 
    when you tell me:

        I created you...
 
        I love you...
 
        I know and call you by your name...
 
        I forgive you and I pardon you...

        Draw near, don't be afraid....
 
        I'm your shepherd and your shelter...
 
        I'm the light that shines upon your path...
 
        I'm healing all the wounds you bear...
 
        I'm your way, your truth, your life..
 
        Come to me, I'll give you rest...

        I always have your back...
 
        I'll lead you and I'll guide you...
 
        I hold you in my arms and I'll never let you go....
            
        I'm with you day and night....
 
        You're the apple of my eye...
 
        You're my beloved, my delight...

        You are mine and I am yours,
            I am yours and you are mine...
 
Let your words of everlasting life
    ring in my ears and in my heart;
let me hear the words you whisper, Lord,
    the song your heart is singing
        and the lyrics of your grace...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.  
 

Psalm 19 by Michael Joncas

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!  

 



  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!