10/21/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 10/21



Later this afternoon I'll be gathering with my ordination classmates to celebrate the Eucharist and have dinner together - thus this early posting of Night Prayer...
 
Day is done...

The sun has set
on this day's joys and sorrows:
all my unfinished business
, Lord,
can rest now 'til tomorrow...


For the best I did today
, Lord
I give you my thanks and praise

and for all my faults and failings
I seek
mercy and your pardon...

Bless my night with peaceful rest
, Lord,
with deep, refreshing sleep
,
fill my dreams with grace and goodness
to keep me 'til the dawn...

Send angels, Lord,
to guard me
and to clear my heart of fear,
to sweep away the worries
that haunt my heart and thoughts...

Day is done,
be with me, Lord,
and with all those I love,
'til the sun rise again
and a new day has begun...
 

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Day Is Done by The Notre Dame Folk Choir
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!



Day is done, 
but love unfailing dwells ever here.
Shadows fall, 
but hope prevailing, calms ev'ry fear.
Loving Father, none forsaking,
Take our hearts, of love's own making,
Watch our sleeping, guard our waking,
Be always near.
 
Dark descends, 
but light unending shines through our night;
You are with us, 
ever lending new strength to sight:
One in love, your truth confessing,
One in hope of heaven's blessing,
May we see, in love's possessing,
Love's endless light!
 
Eyes will close, 
but you, unsleeping, watch by our side
Death may come, 
in love's safekeeping still we abide.
God of love, all evil quelling
Sin forgiving, fear dispelling
Stay with us, our hearts indwelling,
This eventide.  


                             Photo by Geraint Smith

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!