10/5/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 10/5


 
I know many of the things you are, Lord:
    you're all powerful, all knowing, 
        all loving, all merciful,
            all wise and all present...

But it struck me today that I also know
what you are not, what you never are:
    you're never tired, never bored,    
    never puzzled or distracted,          
    never lonely, never lost...

Rather, 
    you are always my strength,
    you delight in my being,
    your eye is on me, night and day,
    you're ever at my side,
    you understand me to my core,
    in your arms, you hold me close... 

For all that you are, Lord,
   and for all you never are
        and for all you are to me,
I thank you from my heart of hearts
    and praise your holy name...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!