10/9/24

NIGHT PRAYER: Wedneday 10/9


Sometimes, Lord, even often, 
seems what I see inside me 
doesn't exactly match
what shows on the outside...

I disguise and hide my brokenness
and the walls I build around my heart
    keeping me from others,
    keeping me from you,
    keeping me from becoming 
        who you created me to be...

Somewhere inside 
I'm dissatisfied with who I am:
    I see only my shortcomings and weaknesses,
    I deny my own goodness and strengths,
    my gifts go unopened 
    while my talents waste away...

Lost in a maze of feelings and thoughts
I can't find my way:
    I need you to lead me and guide me, Lord,
    to mend and heal me from the inside out
    'til I'm whole and made holy 
    by your grace, your touch,
    your Spirit, love and mercy...

Rebuild me, Lord, from the inside out,
rebuild me to house your presence within me,
rebuild me to shelter my growth into being
the person you call me to be and become...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me when I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Shelter Your Name by Danielle Rose
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 



You are all I am not
You are all that I am
Break down these walls
Take all my brokenness
Rebuild me to shelter your name

You are all I am not
You are all that I am
Jesus, break down these walls
Take all my brokenness
Rebuild me to shelter your name


Help me forgive myself
Help me to lift the cross
I've laid upon my soul
Help me to look at myself
Through your eyes
To see all I am
And still be satisfied
Help me forgive myself

Chorus

Within my secrets, Jesus
There you reside
And I need you to reconcile
To renew all that's inside
For if I want to love you
Then with your love, Jesus
I must love myself humbly, too

Chorus 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!