10/17/24

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 10/18

Now glory be to God, 
who by his mighty power at work within us 
is able to do far more 
than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of,
infinitely beyond our highest prayers, 
desires, thoughts, or hopes.
                                                            - Ephesians 3:20

 I'm not asking you, Lord, to move any mountains
    or solve all my problems
        or grant me my every wish...

I only pray you'll use your mighty power to mold and make me:
    more faithful in keeping my word,
    more generous in helping the poor,
    more truthful, fair and just,
    more persevering when things go awry,
    more confident in worry and doubt,
    more sincere in all my relationships,
    more loyal to family and friends,
    more open to things that are new and different,
    more forgiving of those who have hurt me, 
    more just in my dealings,
    more pure in my motives, my words and my deeds,
    more joyful when things go well,
    more patient in trials and suffering,
    more understanding when times are hard,
    more accepting of what is tried and true,
    more compassionate in helping my neighbor,
    more courageous in saying and doing what's right,
    quicker to praise, 
    slower to criticize,
    kinder to all,
    gentler with others,
    accepting of things I cannot change,
    quick to change the things I can,
    wiser in making decisions,
    more faithful to prayer,
    unselfish in love,
    attentive to you,
       to your Spirit, your Word and your truth...

Lord, I'm not asking you to move any mountains
    or solve all my problems
        or grant me my every wish...

I only pray you'll use your power to make of me 
    - immeasurably more -
            than I might ever ask or imagine...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!